Sunday, September 27, 2009

La Musica is Everything

A few months ago on the way home from work in Queens to my home on Long Island I had to take the subway because of some problem with the Long Island Railroad.

As I dashed from one subway connection to the next I heard the beautiful sound of live music. I stopped for the briefest of moments to try and catch a glimpse of the name of the performers: Agua Clara, I scribbled it down and searched the Internet to find out more about them when I got home.



I was happy to discover that they had a website but dismayed that I could neither purchase their music by download or place an order online. I sent an email telling them how much I enjoyed their music in the subway and inquired how I could buy their music. I got a reply from Angel Marin who said he would send me whichever CD I wanted. I asked him to recommend one and within a week I received "La Musica is Everything" in the mail. The CD was wonderful and immediately ordered another one.


As their website says Agua Clara:
"is a Fusion of music, cultures, traditions from our homes in Ecuador, Chile, Peru, and US into a music based in the South American style and that freely incorporates modern and contemporary rhythms."
I highly recommend Agua Clara! La musica IS everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment